Questions to ask on which Medicare plan is best for you.
Questions to ask on which Medicare plan is best for you. Here are a few questions to help you decide options and figure out which Medicare Plan might be best for your situation.
1) How much are Medicare Plan premiums, deductibles, co-pays, doctor visits and hospital stays?
2) Do I have to choose a certain hospital and health care provider from a specific network?
3) Do my doctors accept the Medicare plan and if not, are there doctors near me that do?
4) Do I need referrals to see my specialist?
5) Does the plan cover me if I take ill while traveling in another state or another country?
6) Does the Medicare plan cover my prescription drugs cost?
7) Are the drugs I take on the companies drug formulary?
8) Can I use any pharmacy or do I have to use a specific pharmacy ?
9)Does the Medicare plan offer mail order prescription drug service?
10) Is the Medicare plan highly rated?
These are just a few of the questions you should be asking when determining which plan is best for you. Not every plan is the “best” plan for everyone as it depends on your specific circumstances and finances. You always want to consult with a Medigap Insurance Broker who specializes in Medigap and has access to all of the top rated Medigap insurance companies.
A Medigap specialist will be able to guide you through the maze of Medicare plans and advise why one option might be desirable to you over another option and if you enroll into a plan that you find out that you don’t like, you can always change your plan under certain guidelines. Just remember that not one single plan is best for everyone’s needs.